The purpose of building a strong immune system is to protect you against infection, illness, and sickness. The strategies described in this article can help you to boost your immune system. We will also list several do and don’ts that will guide us on our way to build a stronger immune system.
Here are the 13 ways to build a strong immune system
- Get enough sleep. Ensure you sleep continuously for at least 7-8 hours a day to build a strong immune system.
- Limit your alcohol intake: Excessive alcohol consumption harms the immune system. Research shows that acute binge drinking will mess up your immunity. Therefore, it is better to quit alcohol or drink no more than one wine or beer glasses per day.
- Eat healthily: Mainly grains and cereals, followed by vegetables and fruits such as oranges, lemons, sweet potatoes, carrots, sweet peppers, and dark green vegetables, allows your leukocytes to fight infections more effectively.
- Regular consumption of fish and eggs is one of the most reliable natural solutions for increasing the immune system.
- Regular exercise: Exercise help provide overall good health and a better healthy immune system. According to Harvard Medical School Publishing, exercise improves blood circulation quality, allowing cells and substances of the immune system to move quickly throughout the body and perform their work effectively.
- Eat a low-fat diet: It protects you against cardiovascular disease & cancer. Keep your fat intake below 15% of your total daily calories, preferably as organic olive oil & flaxseed oil. Avoid saturated & trans fats.
- Eat a low salt diet: Excess use of sodium not only causes hypertension, increases the risk of stomach cancer and osteoporosis but also wack your immune system. Take a potassium-based salt substitute on the table and in cooking.
- Eat garlic: This is one of the best natural food to build a strong immune system. Garlic is a natural antiviral, antibacterial, antibiotic, and antifungal agent that can protect your body from multiple diseases. Regular consumption of garlic helps lower blood pressure, cholesterol levels and reduces the risk of some cancers.
- Reduce your sugar intake: Studies have shown eating food high in sugar suppresses your immune system. Refined sugar causes obesity, tooth decay, metabolic & cardiac abnormalities, and increased adult-onset diabetes risk. Use a little fructose or Stevia, a natural sweetener made of the Stevia Freudian leaves and is sweeter than sucrose.
- Green tea: This tea is an incredible way to improve immunity. It contains epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), a flavonoid that combats microbes and bacteria, stimulates immune cells’ production.
- Spirulina: These blue-green algae will boost your immune function because it is filled with iron and selenium, which can supply RNA in your brain to improve its function. WebMD stated that spirulina increases white blood cells and antibodies that combat microorganisms and bacteria in the body.
- Ginger may protect your body from numerous diseases: To build a strong immune system, drink a cup of ginger tea daily.
- Drink a lot of water: Make sure you drink at least 7-8 glasses of water every day. Try to substitute the consumption of coffee or alcohol with clean water.