1. A man who wants you will make it known.
2. Men are not women. They don’t want to watch The Fault In Our Stars with you.
3. Don’t ever curse your intelligence, even if it feels like it complicates your love life. Being smart is invaluable and will ultimately serve you well in both life and love.
4. Hold on to your girlfriends. They will fulfill you in ways a man can’t.
5. Bitching and nagging don’t work. The only thing that really gets a man’s attention: leaving.
6. In a negotiation, you’ll probably end up with the least you’re willing to take. This is true when it comes to men also. So: have high standards and stick to them.
7. A man in love will do anything for you… until he realizes he has you. So when you give yourself to him, try to hold a little back to keep him on his toes.
8. Settling rarely works. It’s like buying something on credit — you’ll eventually have to pay. Be picky.
9. You don’t need to know how to cook but most men will appreciate it if you do.
10. There are some fantastic men out there but whether one of them becomes your boyfriend or husband depends a lot on how much you respect yourself.
11. Men want to be successful, at work and in their relationships. If you want to make him happy, show him that he’s succeeded in making you happy. (Conversely, complain all the time and he’ll associate you with failure.)
12. Don’t get caught up in how good a guy looks “on paper.” His resume might make him seem like a catch but he might just be an asshole walking around in catch’s clothing.
13. Men will aways look at attractive women, even when they’re in love. It’s not necessarily a bad thing. The good ones do it in a way that isn’t obvious.
14. If a guy isn’t into you, don’t doubt yourself — doubt him.
15. Your physical appearance isn’t the most attractive part of you. Looks fade; charm is forever.
16. S*ex — and life, in fact — are most fun when you’re comfortable with yourself. If you’re not comfortable with yourself, you should make that a priority.
17. Don’t play hard to get. Be hard to get.
18. If you’re spending hours on the phone with your girlfriends analyzing a guy’s behavior, he’s not the one.
19. Don’t be an overpleaser when it comes to men. A woman who’s too nice is a turnoff.
20. If he’s not chasing you in the beginning, he’ll disappoint you in the end.
21. It’s better to be alone than in a relationshit. Know when to walk away and don’t look back.
22. Romantic comedies are for women what porn is for men: fantasy. Men in real life don’t behave like characters Ryan Gosling plays on screen.
23. Toss your checklist. Love is an adventure — it’s best experienced without a map.