Here are 20 romantic, funny, and sweet streaming Netflix movies to choose from. Grab some popcorn and settle in and enjoy.
1. Naomi Watts and Robin Wright play childhood best friends who begin sexual relationships with each other’s teenage sons in the twisted and steamy drama Adore.
2. The indie romantic drama 6 Years follows a young couple who has been together since high school as they face the future of their relationship after college.
3. Katherine Heigl stars in Jenny’s Wedding as a woman who must come out to her family when she decides to marry her girlfriend.
4. Steve Carell and Keira Knightley star as a man hoping to reunite with an old flame before the world ends and the woman who joins him along for the ride in the romantic comedy Seeking a Friend For the End of the World.
5. Amy Adams plays a woman who travels to Ireland with plans to propose to her boyfriend in the romantic comedy Leap Year.
6. Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence play a ambitious newlywed couple who face some serious bumps in their marriage in the Depression-era set romantic drama Serena.
7. If you love a good British rom-com, 2013’s I Give It a Year — about newlyweds whose marriage begins to deteriorate soon after the wedding — is for you. Plus it stars Rose Byrne and Anna Faris.
8. Selena Gomez and Nat Wolff star in the teen rom-com Behaving Badly about a cool girl who falls for the dorky guy.
9. Director Lars von Trier filmed his actors — which included Shia LaBeouf, Uma Thurman, and Charlotte Gainsbourg, among others — having actual sex in his two-part drama art film Nymphomaniac: Volume I and Nymphomaniac: Volume II. The films follow a self-diagnosed nymphomaniac, so naturally they include many graphic sex scenes.
10. Fantasy and reality mix in Sex and Lucía, about a woman getting over a breakup while remembering the passionate relationship.
11. In the 1989 black comedy Heathers, a popular girl gets mixed up in murder and a nasty scheme against the “Heathers” who rule their high school, thanks to the bad influence of her rebellious new boyfriend.
12. Fans of My Big Fat Greek Wedding will love to see the same onscreen couple in I Hate Valentine’s Day (2009). The film focuses on a florist who refuses to go on more than five dates with the same man — until she meets a guy who challenges her philosophy.
13. Work and love collide in the indie rom-com Drinking Buddies, which stars Olivia Wilde, Jake Johnson, Anna Kendrick, and Ron Livingston.
14. Joss Whedon wrote the script for the indie romance In Your Eyes, which stars Zoe Kazan and Michael Stahl-David as two strangers whose telepathic bond results in a romantic connection.
15. Keira Knightley, Jude Law, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson star in Anna Karenina, a historical romance based on the Russian novel by Leo Tolstoy about a high-society married woman who has an affair with a handsome young cavalry officer.
16. Mandy Moore and Kellan Lutz star as newlyweds dealing with parental relationship drama in the romantic comedy Love, Wedding, Marriage.
17. Annette Bening stars in this romantic drama as a widow who begins a relationship with a man (played by Ed Harris) who looks just like her late husband.
Available: Feb. 13
18. Have the tissues handy for this epic historical romance set during WWII, starring Keira Knightley and James McAvoy as star-crossed lovers.
Available: Feb. 16
19. Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan sing about their failed onscreen marriage in The Last Five Years, a romantic musical.
20. There’s plenty of teen drama (including a love triangle) in Tina Fey’s cult classic, Mean Girls.