There are a lot of good and sure men out there: don’t settle for an emotionally unavailable one.
A relationship when both partners are “all-in” is quite difficult. But when your man is emotionally unavailable, things are much harder. You’re determined to make things work, but he will not open up. A sign of a man who is not emotionally available is the lack of empathy.
Check these signs before you get too committed.
1. He cheat and then blame you.
2. He takes space (more than a day or two) and does not care that it hurts.
3. He dumps you again and every time and every time he calls you to take you back – without worrying about your feelings.
4. He shuts down when you act panicky or insecure in the relationship.
5. Is not interested in finding ways to calm your worries.
6. He stonewalls you despite your tears and pleas for his understanding and compassion.
7. He tells you that you are the problem, and if you want to be with him, you have to figure out how to make him love you again.
8. He does not respect your boundaries (emotional or physical).
9. He verbally and emotionally abuses you because he thinks you have to learn.
10. He accuses you of being smothering and mistrusting when you ask him about other women.
11. It explodes when you cry or feel emotional.
12. Makes you feel like you always are the only one who apologizes (maybe even acts victimized for days).
13. Makes you feel like the bad guy and usually his feelings are the only ones that matter after a fight.
14. He rejects your feelings: he laughs at your feelings and needs, calls you “such a woman” when you are angry, leave the room and / or brush you off.
15. He looks at you with a blank face when you cry to him, as if he does not really understand what is wrong or what your obvious vision suggests about your emotional state.
16. It makes you feel uncontrollably emotional, and you have never felt that way in previous relationships.