Karma, as a mainstream concept, is often misleading.“Karma” in Sanskrit means “action.”
A person may not escape the consequences of his actions, but he will suffer only if he himself has made the conditions ripe for his suffering. To stop being afraid and to start being empowered in the worlds of karma and reincarnation, here is what you need to know about karmic laws and it will be able to help you along your life journey.
1. The Great Law
- “As you sow, so shall you reap.” This is also known as the “Law of Cause and Effect.”
- If what we want is happiness, peace, love, and friendship, then we should BE happy, peaceful, loving and a true friend.
- Whatever we put out in the Universe is what comes back to us.
2. The Law of Creation
- Life doesn’t just happen. It requires our participation.
- We are one with the Universe, both inside and out.
- Whatever surrounds us gives us clues to our inner state.
- Be yourself, and surround yourself with what you want to have in your life.
3. The Law of Humility
- You can’t change something if you refuse to accept it.
- If what we see is an enemy, or someone with a character trait that we find to be negative, then we ourselves are not focused on a higher level of existence.
4. The Law of Growth
- “Wherever you go, there you are.”
- For us to grow in Spirit, it is we who must change, and not the people, places or things around us.
- The only given we have in our lives is ourselves, and that is the only factor we have control over.
- When we change who and what we are within our hearts, our lives follow suit and change too.